We encourage companies these days to realise the change in social behaviour of consumers in the digital world so they can avail the competitive advantages it has to offer! Always to keep in mind that the digital world is as beneficial to the big industries as well as SMEs.
Below you can check out how to make your digital marketing strategies aligned with your company’s goals. The tools are same for almost every platform, the strategy however differs a lot in this case!
- Specification: Don’t just go with the flow! Start with the end in mind. As per your industry and the your brand’s current presence in the market, your marketing team should set out expectations from the digital, as per the business goals of that quarter, 6-months or year. Before you start, it’s good to know on which social media platform you’ll market your product and how! Also know how far you want to go with that! This might seem trivial and you would say let’s begin and see where it goes, but it doesn’t take you anywhere! Be specific about the platform, the number of followers you desire and how you want your brand to be portrayed! And then work for it!
- Content: Make sure that the content on your channel is not only relevant to the people but also meeting the goals and adding value to your company! If your content is missing out on any one of the aspect that your brand aims to portray, or it differs from the the mainstream media in any way, it will lose the essence! If you are relevant to the customers but not promoting your agenda, it won’t work out! If you are promoting your agenda but unable to relate to your audience, it’s beating a dead horse then!
- Graphics: When it comes to social media, creatives can be more powerful than you imagine. The colors your brand portrays or the font style used reinforces your brand image and sends out a message that needs to be consistent with your non-digital marketing. It thus becomes very important to follow your brands visuals and be creative at the same time.
- Keep your goals clear: To make your social media aligned with your goals, it is important that the whole team is on the same page and knows the aims of the company, otherwise the digital team and the Mainstream workforce may paddle into different directions, making no significant progress at the end of the day!
- Lose or Win: Your presence on social media is going to make an impact, either positive or negative! You will either progress through it or ruin the reputation of your company, there’s no middle way to that. Make your presence on social media count by strategizing the company’s goals with social media!
- Auditing: Conduct a social media audit! See every week or even twice a week the reach of your brand, whether or not it’s functioning as you planned according to your business strategy. We’ll discuss about the social media auditing in detail in another blog!
These are the few recommendations you can use to progress in the digital world while keeping it aligned to your business goals. Remember progress only means something if it adds value to your brand while increasing the reach! They are like the two wings of a bird, you cannot have one of them to fly!